What is SIMbae™ ?
SIMbae™ by Able Device is a light-weight SIM-based application engine that embeds on any standard SIM or eUICC, providing standards based IoT Device Connectivity and Network Management Tools.
SIMbae empowers the Standard SIM or eUICC to Provide Solutions to Network Related IoT Problems
The expansion of the Internet of Things (IoT) is a huge growth opportunity for vertical industries and IoT Service Providers, but there are challenges and risks. Often enterprises and IoT Service Providers can’t determine if a machine is not reporting in due to application or communications issues. The recent hacking of a Jeep while it was driving on a public road illustrates the risks to all IoT devices and segments. On the network side, millions of autonomous machines trying to access the mobile network at the same time can cause catastrophic network outages.
SIMbae by Able Device overcomes these challenges and risks by providing SIM based tools for managing IoT applications and device communications.
SIMbae Advantages: Existing Assets, Minimal Cost, Big Value
SIMbae resides on the IoT Service Provider SIM and is a licensed software product sold in value-added modules, and provides:
- SIM-based applet that runs independently of the cellular module and IoT host application, providing connectivity information, diagnostics, and tools to investigate connectivity issues
- Profitable SLA when launching or roaming on different PLMNs, maintaining business case integrity
- Service assurance for the device and network during times of extreme congestion
- Enables IoT Service Provider to offer an innovative App Store model via OTA for IoT devices and applications
- Allows the CPU executing the IoT app on the device to leverage the standard, active network & SIM managed security for the application